Tuesday, 06 April 2010 00:00
ver the past two months we've been inundated with entries to each of the categories. Finally, at the end of March, it was time for our panel of judges to reach a decision about who should win the competition, not to mention the host of goodies it comes accompanied with.
Congratulations to all those who entered the competition. We were impressed by the extremely high standard of entries, but there can only be one winner - well, nine actually. So read on and see for yourself who won the overall title, as well as those who triumphed in the individual categories. And remember, there's always the next time.
- Helen McQuinn, Castlebar, was placed first in the National Life section with her entry, The Cat's Tail, which was both amusing and charming. Helen will receive a €100 vouchers from Wear it Out, Cavendish Lane, Castlebar.
- In second place, with her wonderful Leap of Lamp shot, was Hilary Coady, Westport. Her prize is a pre-paid mobile phone from Vodaphone, Main Street, Castlebar.
- Michael Neary, Manor Village, Castlebar, took third prize for his impressive picture entitled My Reflection. He will receive a raised herb and vegetable garden sponsored by Horkan’s Garden Centre, Turlough, Castlebar.
- Eva Hussey, Scoil Raifteirí, Castlebar, emerged on top in the Primary Schools category with her entry, The Secret Garden. She won two tickets to the Jedward concert sponsored by TF Royal Hotel, a prepaid phone sponsored by Vodafone for herself, a laptop sponsored by Harvey Norman and a Music4schools boxset sponsored by Music4schools for her school.
- Michael Doocey, Geesala National School, was second with his entry entitled Snowcapped Mountain. Michael won a ipod, sponsored by The Connaught Telegraph, a laptop sponsored by Shell and a Music4schools boxset for his school.
- Rita Carney-Slee, Craggagh National School, Kiltimagh, was placed third. Her entry was Frosty Leaves. She will be presented with €150.00 worth of chart topping music sponsored by Midwest Radio and a music4schools boxset for her school.
- The winner of the Bonny Baby section was Laura Bullard with her entry Maya. She won a €150 voucher sponsored by Little Angels, Castlebar.
- Second was Orla Heverin, who received a €150 voucher sponsored by Name it, Castlebar, for her photograph, Smiling Beauty.
- In third place was Bernie Reddington with her photo of Eoghan. She gets a €100 vouchers sponsored by Babycare, Castlebar.