200g/7oz fine green beans, trimmed and halved
50g/1¾ oz watercress
1 Little Gem lettuce, shredded
4 large vine-ripened tomatoes, cut into wedges
1 small red onion, sliced thinly into rings
One 200g tin tuna in brine, drained and flaked
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the dressing
4 tbsp reduced fat mayonnaise
3 tbsp skimmed milk
1 tsp honey
Juice of ½ a lemon
1. To cook pasta – bring a large pan of water to the boil. Add the pasta and stir until it is immersed in the water. Cook the pasta for the time stated on the packet.
2. Keep the water boiling and stir the pasta occasionally to prevent it sticking together.
3. To check if the pasta is cooked, carefully remove a strand or piece from the water and taste; the pasta should remain a little firm or 'al dente'. When cooked, drain and use according to step 5 below.
4. Meanwhile, bring a saucepan of water to the boil, add the beans and cook for 4 – 5 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool under cold running water. Drain again.
5. Place the watercress and lettuce on a serving plate and top with the cold pasta and beans, tomatoes, onion and tuna.
6. Peel thee egg and cut in half. Arrange on top of the salad and season well.
7. In a bowl, mix together the ingredients for the dressing and season. Drizzle over the salad and serve.