Mayo's new €240m. motorway set to be completed next October
A progress report on the new N5 roadway between Turlough and Westport has been furnished to elected members of Castlebar Municipal District.
Wills BAM Joint Venture are the contractors for the three-year construction and the contract date for substantial completion is October 11, 2022.
They have indicated they are on course to meeting this deadline.
The current progress on the project is outlined under a number of headings.
Site Clearance & Topsoil Strip: Substantially Complete
Earthworks: 84% Complete
Capping: 58% Complete
Topsoil Restoration 35% Complete
Drainage: 21% Complete
Service Ducts 13% Complete
• Two railway overbridge structures: Parapet walls installed.
• N84 Ballinrobe overbridge: Finishes to the bridge ongoing.
• N60 Breaffy overbridge: Preparing parapet edge beam reinforcement
• Islandeady overbridge: Finishes to the bridge ongoing.
• Belcarra overbridge: Finishes to the bridge ongoing.
• Keelogues overbridge: Deck reinforcement ongoing. Wing wall construction complete.
• Horsepark overbridge: Deck reinforcement ongoing. Wing wall construction complete.
• Windsor overbridge: Substantially complete and reopened to the public.
Traffic management arrangements are in place in various locations in the Castlebar area.
These will change as works to the structures and roundabouts are finished and tie-ins to the existing road network is being constructed.
Horsepark Road is closed until February 18, 2022.
A road closure is anticipated for the Keelogues Road (short term) in 2022.