€114,000 investment in rural business and communities
LEADER funding of €114,881.29 for communities and businesses in Mayo has been announced by Minister Michael Ring.
The funding for the projects will be provided by Minister Ring’s department and directed through the Mayo LEADER Local Action Group.
The following allocations have been made:
* Walk West Ireland, Lahardane, €37,115.50 - Renovation and fitting out of accommodation; marketing of business; and training of staff.
* New glamping business at Crossboyne, €25,550 - Purchase of four glamping pods and develop dedicated toilet and shower block.
* Dulra Iorrais Teo, €18,600 - A feasibility study into the potential for an environmental research station at Blacksod.
* Maloney & Matthews Animal Collection, Ballinrobe, €13,875 - Assessment of alternative to process fallen stock and the legal and regulatory requirements therein.
* Balla Community Resource Development CLG, €7,455.45 - To carry out improvement, upgrade and remedial works on vacant buildings and empty spaces in Balla town.
* Mayo Abbey Parish CDC CLG, €6,348.75 - Upgrade and refurbishment of IT facilities.
* Clare Island Animal Transport, €5,936.59 - Mobile sheep shearing equipment.
Said Minister Ring: “This will be very welcome news for rural businesses and communities that are seeking investment.
“Last year, over 550 LEADER projects were approved across the country for funding of €14.6 million. The LEADER programme is well and truly up and running and I expect that it will continue to grow rapidly this year.”